Be the person who does more than just express outrage.
Being outraged by how African-Americans are treated in this country isn’t enough. Being sympathetic isn’t enough. We have to take positive action. Most especially important for those of us who are white.
A reader sent this resource to me and I share it with you, with this ask: Please do something to tackle racism today.
Anti-Racism Resources for White People
Take your pick, but do one small action today. Be the pebble in your community that starts a ripple.
I hope you will consider sharing this post.
I’ve also posted it to Twitter and Facebook.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.
Some other suggested movies/tv shows:
– 42 (movie – the story of Jackie Robinson, the first African-American to play in Major League Baseball in the modern era when he was signed by the Brooklyn Dodgers and faces considerable racism in the process.)
– Backstairs at the White House (TV miniseries – Behind the scenes at the White House during eight administrations, as told by the people who work there.)
– I’ll Fly Away (TV series – the story of a Southern lawyer in the late 1950s, who becomes increasingly involved with civil rights cases, while his housekeeper, a black woman, is on her own journey of political and personal awareness.)
– Hidden Figures (movie – the story of a team of female African-American mathematicians who served a vital role in NASA during the early years of the U.S. space program.)
– The Help (movie – An aspiring author during the civil rights movement of the 1960s decides to write a book detailing the African American maids’ point of view on the white families for which they work, and the hardships they go through on a daily basis.)
Thank you for these additions.