Time is rapidly running out to secure our elections, and that is why DemCast has teamed up with organizations across to the country to hold a Digital Rally to ask Congress to ensure we will have #VirusFreeVoting come November.
This is where we need YOU to get involved!
Tonight between 6-8 PM ET
Do one or more of the following between 6-8 PM EST, using Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Post a selfie (or a photo of your cat or dog) with a sign that says #VirusFreeVoting, post on social media using the hashtag #VirusFreeVoting, and be sure to tag your elected officials.
- Post a video sharing your story about why voting safely is important to you. Use the hashtag #VirusFreeVoting and tag your elected officials.
- Create your own social media post using one of the graphics below, with the hashtag #VirusFreeVoting
- Post on social media with pre-made posts
- Search for the hashtag #VirusFreeVoting, and comment, share, RT, quote tweet and like others posts that are using the hashtag.
We need to keep the pressure up off of social media as well, and we have made it easy to do! With ONE click, you can send a letter to BOTH your Senators, your Congressperson, your Governor and BOTH your State Reps. One click to write to 6 Elected Officials, asking them to allow us to safely vote.
Be Sure to call your Reps to!
Here is a script for you to use:
“Voters should not have to choose between their health and their vote. In the midst of the COVID 19 pandemic, Congress must institute reforms allowing voters to safely cast their ballot and provide states the funding needed to run safe and secure elections. My name is ____________________ and I live in ____________________, my zip code is ________. I am a constituent of Senator/Representative ___________________________. I will not let a pandemic, a political party, and certainly not a president take away my right to vote. It’s a matter of principle. I demand that Congress stand up and protect my right to vote NOW by including $4 billion in the next relief bill to expand Vote By Mail for all voters, increase early polling locations for those that cannot vote by mail, expand on-line voter registration and allow for same day voter registration. I also demand that Congress provide funding to secure The United States Postal Service. The time is NOW. Thank you.”
The issue of voting is so critical that a total of 51 Organizations have signed on to sponsor tonight’s actions.
Linda Kessel, Lead Organizer, Indivisible Madison
“In Wisconsin, we know all about having to choose between your vote and your health, maybe even your life. Now 52 COVID cases are tied to in-person voting. It must not happen again.”
– Martha Shockey, Founder, Indivisible Georgia-04
“Vote By Mail is the best way to ensure that rural voters and voters with transportation issues can participate in elections. The USPS is vital to these communities for VBM and all other forms of vital communication.”
Patti Crane, Field Team 6 leader; Steering Committee member, Indivisible Beach Cities & Indivisible South Bay LA
“50 million unregistered Americans will need online registration in every state to be able participate in this critical “Vote at Home” moment. We need Congress to fully fund election support immediately”
PJ Edwards, leader, LP Indivisible
“The majority of my Detroit Indivisible group members come from union households, so we were already standing up for the Postal Service. We are happy to join in this virtual protest to keep them funded and to expand access to vote by mail to everyone. We shouldn’t have to choose between our health and our vote!”
Michelle Fowle, Founder and Chair of The Resistance – Northridge, Indivisible
“It is absurd that there are already so many obstacles to be able to cast your vote in America. This pandemic has made crystal clear the disparities between the wealthy and the poor. Congress must act so every citizen can vote safely from their home and ensure that the USPS is fully funded. This is a matter of principle.”
Here are all of the Sponsoring Organizations:
- Action for a Better Tomorrow Sauk Valley
- Bend the Arc: Champaign-Urbana
- Blue Future
- Brave New Films
- CBFD INDIVISIBLE SAN DIEGO
- Code Blue Washington
- DemCast USA
- Democracy Labs
- Field Team 6
- Flip the West
- Heartland Resistance Coalition, an Indivisible group
- Indivisible Beach Cities
- Indivisible Bellingham
- Indivisible CA-33
- Indivisible CA-7
- Indivisible Clackamas District 5
- Indivisible Columbus District 3
- Indivisible Ga 04
- Indivisible Hawaii
- Indivisible Illinois
- Indivisible Madison (WI)
- Indivisible Martha’s Vineyard
- Indivisible Media City Burbank
- Indivisible Nob Hill
- Indivisible Petaluma
- Indivisible San Jose
- Indivisible San Pedro
- Indivisible Sonoma County
- Indivisible South Bay LA
- Indivisible St Johns FL
- Indivisible Vashon
- Indivisible Western Springs and surrounding communities
- Livermore Indivisible
- LP Indivisible
- Mainers for Accountable Leadership
- Metairie Indivisible
- MoveOn Sacramento
- No Dem Left Behind
- Ohio Progressive Action Leaders
- Our Next 4 Years
- People For the American Way
- Rogan’s List
- Secure Elections Network
- South Puget Sound Action Network
- The Democratic Coalition
- The Resistance – Northridge, Indivisible
- Unite Blue
- Venice Resistance
- Vote At Home Coalition
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.