As we all tough it out for at least a few more weeks, we wanted to remind you of the community resources available to you and how you can help others during the Coronavirus epidemic.
If You Need Help
- If you’ve lost your job due to the virus, get all the info to apply for unemployment insurance here.
- United Way serves all corners of Missouri. Contact them to explore benefits and services you may be eligible to receive.
- There are over 350 food pantries serving citizens in need all over the state. Find a listing of pantries as well as hospital contact info here.
- If you’re eligible for SNAP benefits, you will now receive the maximum allowable amount for your family size. Get the info here.
- The deadline to file your federal taxes has been extended to July 15th. See the IRS directive here.
- Our friends at UNITE HERE Local 74 have put together a very comprehensive and in-depth guide to resources – including some rent, mortgage, and utility relief options – aimed at folks in the St. Louis region.
How You Can Help Others
For folks whose families are safe and healthy, there are plenty of worthy causes that could use your spare change and support.
- American Red Cross, United Way, Community Services League, and Society of St. Vincent de Paul are just a few organizations providing emergency relief to our friends and neighbors.
- When grabbing takeout for dinner, try to buy local as much as you can. Curbside KC and Curbside STL have created a handy database focused on local restaurants (and bars, breweries, and distilleries too!) providing takeout service.
- Grocery and pharmacy workers are STILL not receiving the hazard protections they deserve because Gov. Parson has not designated them as essential. Call his office today at (573) 751-3222 and ask him to protect our workers.
Just like you, we’re trying to be as kind and responsible as we can by checking on neighbors, supporting local businesses, and flattening the curve as much as possible.
Thank you! Please reach out to us if we can be of assistance!
-Missouri Democratic Party
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.