Assume that the virus is already in your city / town / workplace / church / etc. You can help by doing as many of the following as possible. The earlier the precautions are taken, the more lives are saved.
- Wash your hands.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Do stay connected but avoid crowds
- Get your flu vaccine.
- Better late than never. The flu vaccine won’t protect you at all against Coronavirus. However it DOES reduce your likelihood of contracting flu. And therefore your likelihood of needing to be hospitalized, which also reduces your chances of contracting Coronavirus while you are there.
- Cancel all non-essential travel. Anywhere.
- Cancel non-essential public gatherings.
- Stock up on food and essentials. Early, gradually, Responsibly.
- Do not hoard masks
- Do not shake hands
- Limit public surfaces you touch with fingers; get creative
- Stay home if you are in any way sick
- If you can work from home, do so.
- If you suspect you might be infected, call ahead of going to the doctor.
- Sleep. Be good to your body. Don’t buy “remedies”
- Once you’ve done everything you can, step back. Way back.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.