Our local Physicians for Progress group is organizing an public informational forum on single-payer healthcare, with an experienced panel of speakers/physicians.
When: Saturday Feb. 1st 3:00- 5:00 PM
Where: Unitarian Universalist Church of Ventura, 5654 Ralston Street
Why is this so urgent now? Who missed the news that:
- a veteran had his prosthetic legs repossessed?
- young adults who’ve aged off their parents’ plans are dying trying to stretch out expensive insulin supplies?
- 400,000 children have been dropped from Medicaid under this administration?
- a 1/3 of GoFundMe campaigns are for medical bills, and that 25% are to aid under-insured patients?
- big companies, like FedEx and Amazon, are paring back health benefits to their workers and restricting out-of-network coverage?
- insurance coverage and healthcare access remains unequal among minority populations.
- going bankrupt over medical bills is a realistic possibility, even for those with health insurance?
- 80% of rural areas are now designated as “medically underserved” or “medical deserts”?
- workers making $25K or less are often priced out of their employers’ insurance plans.
- our current system is not #1. https://tinyurl.com/U-S-not-1
And if the GOP-funded lawsuit to kill the Affordable Care Act is successful, the days of insurance denial for “existing conditions”, insurance cancellation through “rescission”, uninsured young people and hefty surtaxes on older Americans will come roaring back. Watch this video if you have time:
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.