Make plans to join us for an IMPEACHMENT RALLY the night before the House takes the vote on impeachment.
Date and time: TBA.
Place: Scalise’s Metairie office- 110 Veterans Blvd.
From our friends at Voces Unidas: HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Let’s help some of our friends in Louisiana private prisons detained for seeking asylum.
If you would like to donate $$ to go towards asylum seekers commissary accounts ( to be able to buy warm clothes bc none are provided) or to add to their phone accounts so they can call family members during the holidays please chip in here. We will match a needy asylum seeker in Louisiana with your donation and add to their accounts. Their family members are strapped and it’s often a huge sacrifice for them to help their family member.
Today’s Action: Support Background Checks & Impeachment
- Sen. Bill Cassidy – DC OFFICE: (202) 224-5824 and METAIRIE OFFICE: (504) 838-0130
- Sen. John Kennedy: DC OFFICE: (202) 224-4623 and NEW ORLEANS OFFICE (504) 581-6190
- Rep. Scalise: (202) 225-3015; Rep. Richmond: (202) 225-6636
In the past week:
- Dec 1- 10 people injured on Canal Street shooting in New Orleans
- Dec 4- Pearl Harbor Naval base- 2 civil servants killed & 1 wounded
- Dec 5- Florida- 4 people killed after a robbery and carjacking of a UPS truck
- Dec 6- Pensacola Naval Air Station- 3 killed and 8 injured
We call about Gun Safety laws after every mass shooting. The House passed HR 8 – Background Check Expansion Act on FEBRUARY 28, 2019 and Mitch McConnell has not held a vote on this bill. CALL THE SENATE AGAIN AND ASK WHEN WILL THERE BE A VOTE ON THIS BILL. This is unacceptable!
And tell both the House and the Senate you support impeachment!
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.