Action #1 – The “Friends and Family Plan” meets the “Power of Five”
Make sure your contacts in GOP-run states know the power of their phone calls to their legislators regarding the impeachment hearings. Then ask them reach out to five fellow local voters to call as well. Share this video below on calling to inspire them.
What do I say?: We have some scripts here. Here’s one from #needtoimpeach and one from 5calls.org. Pick your favorite or make up your own. Ask your contacts to share their own great phrases with five fellow local voters.
All you need are these basic elements and a live person on the other end of the phone. This is more effective than texts, bots, or leaving a message. Be nice. The person answering phone is NOT the legislator. The whole thing will take less than a minute.
- Your zip code. They need to verify that the person calling can vote for the legislator.
- The issue: In this case – impeachment. For other calls, say the bill number or the subject clearly.
- What you want them to do: Vote “yes”, vote “no”, thank them, spank them, or ask a specific question.
Contact for all legislators: hq-salsa.wiredforchange.com
Action #2 – Sign up to talk to people in GOP states.
Indivisible has identified 13 Senators who their political and policy experts believe we can sway — and now they’re asking us to call voters in their states and ask those voters to turn up the pressure on their elected officials. These people being called are just like us – we had no idea that calling legislators was so important before Trump was elected.
Join Indivisible’s hubdialer program today and help us make 11 million calls for impeachment! Click here to help. Beginners and introverts are welcomed and supported.
Who’s on the current menu?
- Senator Cory Gardner, CO
- Senator Susan Collins, ME
- Senator Martha McSally, AZ
- Senator Thom Tillis, NC
- Senator Joni (destoyer of Social Security) Ernst, IA
- Senator Mitt Romney, UT.
Action #3 – Be sure you know where your closest impeachment action is and get ready!
Put your zip code here to find out your nearest location. There are currently 384 events happening across the country.
- Ventura/Oxnard area here.
- Ojai area here.
- Conejo area here.
- Santa Barbara area here.
- Santa Clarita area here.
- Sherman Oaks here.
Please note that the Dec. 31 date is only a placeholder. We will get out the word that the rally is being held whenever the national organizers determine that the impeachment vote is imminent. Watch this space and impeach.org!
For the Ventura/Oxnard area, also check out our Facebook page here.
- When: 5:30 pm on the eve of the impeachment vote
- Where: Corner of Victoria and Telephone in front of the Ventura Country Government Center. 800 S. Victoria Ave, Ventura
- Bring: A flashlight to light the night! Bring flags, signs, friends and your unbridled enthusiasm!
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.