Indivisible Ventura is still in mourning over Congressman Elijah Cummings’ passing. In his honor, we encourage everyone to do these actions for democracy listed on our 10/16 post.
Action – Tomorrow – Thursday 11/21 – Meet at Santino’s for pizza, good conversation, and social justice – every Third Thursday starting at 11:30 am
- Where: Santino’s Pizza. It’s at 4231 Telegraph Rd., Ventura, 93003
- When: Thursday, Nov. 21st, 11:30am – 1:30pm.
- RSVP for our supporters: Nope. Just come. Invite your friends!
We do, however, reserve the right to refuse any volunteers and their services.
- What to bring: We provide the pizza, postcards, stationary. If you prefer, you may bring your own stationary for letter actions.
- Donations gratefully accepted: A postcard stamp is $0.35! We’re trying to achieve 300 finished postcards, which equals $105. Donations of money for stamps and pizza or rolls of postcard stamps are gratefully accepted.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Postcards: We’re going to be writing 300 postcards to voters in Texas in connection with the NAACP and the Center for Common Ground‘s – Reclaim our Vote campaign!
Why do we need a RECLAIM OUR VOTE campaign? Community of color voters are being placed on “Inactive” or “Unregistered” lists at a 16% higher rate than whites. The ability to vote of people in minority communities was already being systematically undermined over the last decade, by the imposition of strict new voter ID laws, by the reduction in polling places and early voting, and through many other tactics.
Cards/letters of support:
Time depending, we would also like to send cards and/or letters of support to Rep. Adam Schiff, as well as the State Department professionals who’ve bravely come forward, in spite of President Trump’s vitriolic attacks and the rage of his followers. We will batch-mail letters to each person, or you can mail your message separately to the following addresses.
- Rep. Adam Schiff
2269 Rayburn House
Washington, DC 20515
- William B. Taylor
c/o American Academy of Diplomacy
1200 18th Street, NW Suite 902
Washington, DC 20036
- George Kent
Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520
- Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch
Institute for the Study of Diplomacy
Walsh School of Foreign Service
1316 36th Street NW
Washington, DC 20007
For a great review of the impeachment process so far,
- #ImpeachmentHearings (With links to full video & full transcripts)
Originally posted on Indivisible Ventura. Re-posted with permission.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.