Deadline: ASAP –
Kentucky may be red now, but it’s the bluegrass state – let’s help it show its rightful color! In a November 5 election, Democrat Andy Beshear is running for Governor against Republican incumbent Matt Bevin. The election is predicted to be very close; you can help Beshear, along with candidate for Lieutenant Governor Jacqueline Coleman and the entire Democratic ticket, win this critical horse race. Learn more at this link about Beshear, currently the state Attorney General. And see why even the GOP candidate who lost the primary to Bevin has endorsed Beshear!
What you can do:
- Make phone calls from the comfort of your couch (invite friends for a phone bank party) – the Kentucky Democratic Party will provide a script and key points about Beshear and his platform for Kentucky. Have real conversations with voters about why the election, and their votes, matter. More info and sign up at this link.
- Write postcards for Beshear and the Democratic slate:
- You’re coming to our All Members Meeting Sun. Oct. 27, 1-3 PM, Sports Basement, Berkeley, right? Stop by Postcards for America: California and East Bay Activist Alliance’s postcard party (the AMM’s in SB’s community room; postcard party is at SB at the same time, we can direct you to their location). We asked, and they’re glad to let people take home the script and addresses. You’ll need to mail the cards by Oct. 29. They’ll have packs of 12 postcards and 12 stamps for $5 (cash only, small bills). Learn more about the postcard party at this link.
- You can also write on your own with Postcards to Voters’ campaign in support of the entire slate of Democrats running in this election. Click here for all info, newbies as well as experienced P2V writers are welcome!
- Can you travel to Kentucky, or do you know people who live there? Join Working America on the ground – they’re canvassing six days a week and then the final four days before the election. If you have questions, contact Fran Schreiberg at firstname.lastname@example.org, or text at (510) 333-9907.
Originally posted on Indivisible East Bay. Re-posted with permission.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.