Volunteer for the John Bel Edwards Campaign:
Jarvis Lewis email@example.com – 1516 Thalia Street
Volunteer for a campaign: Tammy Savoie- https://tammysavoiefor94.com/
Volunteer to wave signs on Election Day for Trey Mustian – firstname.lastname@example.org
ELECTION DAY – TOMORROW! OCTOBER 12!
CALL OF THE DAY
Trump is acting in his own best interests and those of Russia, not the US!
Ukraine pressure + Syria pull out → Benefit Russia and Trump personally → Not in US interests→ Impeachment
Call your Member of Congress and tell them it’s time to support the Constitution and Impeachment:
- It is an abuse of power, a violation of the presidential oath of office, and against campaign finance laws to solicit anything of value from a foreign government to influence our election.
- It is bribery or extortion to withhold military aid from a weakened country that had been previously approved by Congress until they agree to investigate a political rival.
- The Trump administration (executive branch) has stonewalled Congress (legislative branch) from doing its constitutionally mandated oversight role since January 2019. This is an abuse of power and was one of the articles of impeachment drafted for Richard Nixon.
- On Thursday, 16 GOP lawyers in previous administrations and 17 Watergate prosecutors all called for Impeachment!
It is time to put Country Over Party!
- Trump withheld military aid from Ukraine as leverage to get them to investigate Biden, a potential rival in the 2020 election. He told Ukraine president, Zelensky, to work with his private attorney, Rudy Giuliani, and the Attorney General, Bill Barr, to do so. He also told Zelensky that the US Ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch, was called back because she was holding up the investigation. Trump also said on the call she was “ going to go through some bad things.”
- Ukraine desperately needs the military aid to hold off further push into its countryside by the Russian troops that have already invaded Ukraine. A weakened Ukraine is a gift to Putin since it allows Russia to hold onto Crimea and other Ukraine territory it has already invaded.
- The call memo released by the White House and the Whistleblower report are direct evidence of Trump’s abuse of power to leverage weight of his office to get foreign interference in our free and fair elections.
- Two associates of Rudy Giuliani were indicted today for campaign finance violations after being caught trying to leave the country on a one-way ticket, days after being compelled to testify to Congress about their dealings in Ukraine. They helped in “business dealings” in Ukraine, made illegal foreign contributions to a member of Congress, and pressured him to get Ambassador Yovanovitch removed because she didn’t participate in their efforts to investigate Biden. Giuliani’s lawyer said these two men assisted Rudy in Ukraine representing Trump.
- Trump spoke with Turkey president Erdogen Sunday night and announced US troops would pull out of region near the Turkey-Syrian border held by Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces. Trump made the decision without consulting with anyone in the State Department, Department of Defense, Congress, allies, etc.
- US troops worked alongside Kurds to defeat ISIS, but Turkey and Russia have long wanted US troops removed.
- Turkey has now begun invading the area by air and land, causing many casualties already. Many experts are concerned that many Kurds will be massacred with US troops gone and thousands of ISIS terrorists in prison will escape causing terrorism to increase in the area.
- In an interview with Steve Bannon in 2015, Trump said he had a conflict of interest in Turkey because he had two Trump Tower hotels in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Russia wanted the US out of Turkey so it could strengthen its hand in the region. Russia already is an ally of Syria’s leader, Bashar al- Assad, and wanted to be seen as a leader than can bring about a dialogue between the two countries.
- Sen. Bill Cassidy – DC OFFICE: (202) 224-5824 and METAIRIE OFFICE: (504) 838-0130
- Sen. John Kennedy: DC OFFICE: (202) 224-4623 and NEW ORLEANS OFFICE (504) 581-6190
- Rep. Scalise: (202) 225-3015; Rep. Richmond: (202) 225-6636
- Rep. Graves: (202) 225-3901
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.