Be a 2024 DNC Delegate
Join us for an in-person training on the 2024 National Convention Delegate process. Learn about National Convention, how you can become a member of our delegation, and important information to know about the process.
When: Friday, October 6, 5:30-6:30 pm
Where: AADL Pittsfield Branch, 2359 Oak Valley Drive, 48103
October 14th: The Housing and Homelessness Crisis in Washtenaw County
9:15-9:45am Social Hour
9:45-10:30am Party BusinessCongresswoman Debbie DingellWater Resources Commissioner Evan Pratt10:30am-noon Housing and Homelessness PanelJennifer Hall, A2 Housing CommissionJustin Hodge, Chair, Board of Commissioners (BoC)Caroline Sanders, Vice Chair, BoCAnnie Sommerville, BoCChris Watson, A2 City CouncilRhonda Weathers, SOS Community ServicesWhen: Saturday, October 14, 9:15am-noon
Where: Washtenaw County Learning Resource Center
4135 Washtenaw Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Zoom link coming soon!
October 6th: Student Voting Summit
Campus Vote Project, Oakland University, and the Michigan Department of State are excited to host the 6th annual Michigan Student Voting Summit.
Their mission is to bring together students, teachers, faculty, administrators, election officials, and community partners from high schools, colleges and universities across Michigan to learn from each other, collaborate, and build a robust state-wide network to advance student voting participation.
2024 is Coming Up Fast
Join the WCDP and YDW for our 2024 Kickoff!
Onlv 370 days until early voting begins!
October 22, 1-4 pm (rain or shine)
County Farm Park, Main Pavilion
2230 Platt Road
Let us know if you can make it at https://www.mobilize.us/washtenawdems/event/585117/
Call for Volunteers
Help staff our 2024 Kickoff at County Farm Park on 10/22! We need help with set-up, clean-up, and general event support. Sign up here, and thanks!
Young Dems Washtenaw – Join us!
YDW has a logo, thanks to Sarah Rose, and lots of upcoming events, thanks to the growing leadership team. All Young Dems – that’s 16-36 – are invited to all events! Please join the team to turn out the mighty youth vote in Washtenaw County, from Manchester to Milan, Salem to Sylvan! Opportunities to meet friends and get involved:
- Monday, October 9, 3:30 – 5:30: Meeting with Ben Orjada, Chair, Young Dems Michigan, Ann Arbor Friends Meeting House, 1420 Hill Street, A2
- Sunday, October 22, 1:00 – 4:00 pm (noon for YDW meeting): WCDP/YDW picnic, County Farm Park Ann Arbor, main pavilion
- Sunday, Nov. 5, 2:00 – 4:00 pm: YDW welcome, socializing & organizing meeting, West Side Room, Westgate Branch AADL
- Sunday, Dec. 3, 2:00 – 4:00 pm: YDW welcome, socializing & organizing meeting, Location TBD
- Sunday, Jan. 7, 2:00 – 4:00 pm: YDW welcome & organizing meeting, Multipurpose Room, Downtown AADL
Meet your representatives
- State Representative Jimmie Wilson Jr(District 32)will host a constituent coffee hour location TBD, Oct. 16th, from 5:30-6:30 pm.
- State Representative Jennifer Conlin (District 48) will host a coffee hour at Webster Township Hall, 5665 Webster Church Road, Dexter, MI 48130 on Monday, October 16, from 10:30-11:30 am.
State Representative Felicia Brabec (District 33)will host a virtual coffee hour this Saturday, Oct 7th from 1:00-2:00 pm.
Michiganders Get Much Needed Student Loan Relief
You may have heard the news that the Biden Harris Administration discharged another $9 billion dollars in student loan debt, now totaling $127 billion discharged for nearly 3.5 million Americans since October 2021. But you may not be aware that over 50,000 Michiganders are now free from student loan debt!
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.