Friends, thanks to volunteers and donors like you, we won TOTAL victory in Pennsylvania.
We helped elect John Fetterman to the Senate and Josh Shapiro as Governor. And now, PA House Democrats have announced that we expect to flip the PA House of Representatives when all mail and provisional ballots are counted.
In Turn PA Blue’s first year in 2017, Democrats held just 82 out of 203 seats in the PA House.
With year-round organizing, grassroots fundraising, we’re poised to make history as we swear in Pennsylvania’s first black woman Speaker of the House, State Rep. Joanna McClinton.
Look at what we’ve done just since May…
As of this writing, we can now declare so far that these Turn PA Blue supported House candidates have defeated Republican incumbents:
- Lisa Borowski (PA-HD168 Delco) defeated State Rep. Chris Quinn.
- Brian Murnoe (PA-HD144 Bucks) defeated State Rep. Todd Polinchock.
- Paul Friel (PA-HD26 Chester) defeated State Rep. Timothy Hennessey.
And, these Turn PA Blue supported House candidates won open seats:
- Tarah Probst (PA-HD189 Monroe)
- Johanny Cepeda-Freytiz (PA-HD129 Berks)
- Jim Haddock (PA-HD118 Luzerne/Lackawanna)
- Paul Takac (PA-HD82 Centre)
- Tim Brennan (PA-HD29 Bucks)
- Mandy Steele (PA-HD33 Allegheny)
- Arvind Venkat (PA-HD30 Allegheny)
In other close races, Democratic-leaning mail and provisional ballots remain to be counted – and we’ll be back with more news!
All of this was possible because of the thousands of volunteers and donors that have given their time and donations. Turn PA Blue’s supporters didn’t just show up at the end, you’ve shown up for years.
In 2023 and 2024, we’ll keep our year-round organizing going to win local school and county races, take back the PA Senate, and deliver for Democrats in 2024.
More to come,
Turn PA Blue
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.