WESTCHESTER IS GROUND ZERO FOR THE MIDTERMS
Midterms are traditionally a big challenge for the party in power. Although Democrats dominate Westchester politics, we can’t take their voter registration advantage for granted. Polls show close a close race for governor and in multiple House districts across the state. NY-17 – which includes Westchester – is now a toss-up. The GOP put $4 million dollars into the race overnight and it’s become one of the most expensive races in the nation. And it’s going to be a close one. The midterms are less than two weeks away and early voting starts Saturday.
Small actions can go a long way. Here are some ways to get involved.
Why the Race for Governor is Close
In this week’s podcast, we talk to two Democratic consultants about why the race for governor is too close for comfort and how getting out the vote in Westchester can help Governor Hochul get over the finish line! Don’t sit this one out – be sure to vote and help mobilize others!
- Listen to the podcast here.
- Hochul is organizing via the NY State Democratic Party. NY Dem sponsored events support both her campaign and down-ballot races – all are important. You can find canvassing information via our website.
- Click here to sign up to text bank
- There are Hochul/Delgado lawn signs available for pickup at Dem HQ: 200 Mamaroneck Ave, Suite 301, White Plains. Mon-Fri – 12 to 7 PM & Sunday 3-5 PM.
Battleground New York
New York has more congressional battlegrounds than nearly any other state. Races in nine districts, from Long Island to the Hudson Valley and Upstate NY, are now rated competitive according to the latest update from Cook Political Report. And a toss-up race that Democrats must hold is right here in Westchester (NY-17) where Rep. Maloney is running against a Trump Republican with a nine million dollar war chest. We need to pull out all the stops to help Maloney win.
- WHITE PLAINS: Sat, Oct 29 @ 11:00am -Canvass with Team Burdick/Maloney. Meet in front of County Democratic Headquarters, 200 Mamaroneck Ave. Sign up via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- CROTON-ON-HUDSON: Sat, Oct 29 @ 11:00am – Canvass with Congressman Mondaire Jones, Cortlandt Town Board member Robert Mayes, Team Maloney, Senator Harckham, and Dana Levenberg for Assembly. Sign up at https://mobilize.us/s/lCK9ks
- HERITAGE HILLS, KATONAH: Sat, Oct 29 @ 11:00am – Canvass with Team Maloney and the Hudson Valley Democratic Slate: Sign up at https://mobilize.us/s/bC3nPo
- MOMS DEMAND/INDIVISIBLE: Sun, Oct 30 @ 11:00am- Canvass with Indivisibles and Moms Demand Action in Yorktown Heights. Sign up at https://mobilize.us/8UK6Oq
- Click here to donate to the candidates running in the most vulnerable districts. This bundle divides your donation between the six candidates running in the most competitive NY House districts.
Democratic Candidates for New York State Supreme Court
Seven Democratic New York State Supreme Court Candidates are on the ballot this November.
- Watch and share this video here from County Executive Latimer about the Democratic candidates running for the NY State Supreme Court and vote Row A, All the Way.
he Environmental Bond Act
On November 8, 2022, New York voters have a once-in-a-generation opportunity to improve their quality of life, modernize infrastructure including roads, sewers, and drinking water pipes, safeguard clean drinking water and create job growth.Flip your ballot over to find Prop 1, also known as the Clean Water, Clean Air, Green Jobs Bond Act.
- Click here for more information about Prop 1 – the Clean Water, Clean Air, Green Jobs Bond Act.
- Click here to watch a PSA from County Executive George Latimer about the Bond Act.
- Help spread the word to friends, family members, and allies. Promote via social @NYBondAct #NYBondAct #VoteYesBondAct.
Postcard for Pete
- Postcards are available at WCDC HQ. Postcarding to GOTV for Pete will also help generate turnout in this important State Senate district and will also help Maloney!
Join the Voter Protection Team
Help protect the vote. Volunteers are needed to staff hotlines and work as independent poll observers to make sure our rights are protected.
- Sign up to volunteer here.
Early Voting Starts Saturday
Click here to find early voting locations and times.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.