Early Voting Starts Saturday
The Congressional and State Senate primary is Tuesday, August 23rd.
- Absentee ballot applications are due TODAY, Monday Aug 8th.
- New! The deadline to register with a party or to change party affiliation August 11th. Applications received on or after August 12th will become effective seven days after the primary (August 30, 2022).
- Vote early dates are Aug 13th – 21st. Click here for times and locations across Westchester.
- The primary is August 23rd.
- Click here for a link to information about the candidates running – Rep. Jamaal Bowman, County Legislator Vedat Gashi, and County Legislator Catherine Parker (Mark Jaffe has withdrawn from the race).
- Click here to watch a recap of our NY-16 candidate forum from last week.
Going on Offense for the Midterms
Don’t miss this exclusive event NSNY is hosting with political strategist Rachel Bitecofer this Thursday, August 11th about messaging and fighting to win for the midterms. Rachel is a nationally known expert who famously predicted the Blue Wave in 2018 long before other analysts.
- Check out her terrific toolkit for grassroots activists on how to enhance messaging around January 6th.
- Watch her recent appearance on MSNBC on how Dems are turning around- and read this fabulous profile in Salon last year when she sounded the alarm for the midterms!
- Click here to register for this free event on Thursday, August 11th @ 7PM.
Indivisible’s Tour NY Phone Banks target key congressional districts that Democrats need to win across New York. There are at least seven competitive House districts up for grabs in NY this November and Democrats must win those seats to have any shot at keeping control of the House.
- Register for a Zoom shift on Mondays from 6:00-7:00 PM.
Hear the latest groundbreaking big tech accountability research from the amazing Tech Transparency Project. Learn about the relationships between broken tech promises to protect us from democracy-destroying disinformation, misinformation, corporations and data tracking. Knowledge is power.We’ll also review best practices in disinformation disrupting, and make good trouble together fighting bad actors.
- Register here for the webinar on Wednesday, August 10th @ 4:30PM.
Georgia is on our minds! We are postcarding to turn out the midterm vote in Georgia where there is a top tier race for governor and the U.S. Senate.
If you have your own cards, the following campaigns can give you addresses:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our list.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.