Pints & Progress is coming to West Sacramento!
Hi Indivisibles:Please join us Tuesday, August 9, 6-8:00pm, at West Sacramento’s Drake’s Barn for an in-person “meet and greet;” informal conversations with fellow Yolo County citizens concerned about our democracy and various members of the IY leadership team. We can discuss the issues or just plain socialize. Pizza and salad will be served. (Beverages are non-hosted.) Click here to register: https://www.mobilize.us/indivisibleyolo/event/474950/
This event hosted by Indivisible Yolo, Steve Murphy and Janette Vine.
First 2 hours of parking are always FREE at the city-owned lot around the corner at 5th & Bridge Street, or in front of the BARN where designated. (IMPORTANT) You must register your car at the nearby kiosk or thru the Parkmobile app to receive 2 hours of free parking. Additional time requires payment.
Action items for this week:
We heard the great news that the reconciliation bill is back in play! Now it’s the “Inflation Reduction Act“. We’re telling our Senators we want them to pass this bill, which includes:
- A 15% Corporate Minimum Tax ensuring the ultra-rich pay their fair share
- Investments in cleaner energy solutions that put us on the path toward a 40% reductions in emissions by 2030
- Permission for Medicare to negotiate drug prices (lowering prescription drug prices)
- Continued lower Affordable Care Act premiums for millions of Americans.
In the California State legislature, there are also some high priority bills that could be voted on at any time in August. We want Sen. Dodd to support: AB 2530 (Easier access to Covered California for people who lose their health coverage on strike or from an employer lockout); AB 937 (prohibit state and local agencies from conducting, assisting, or facilitating immigration arrests); AB 503 (End Endless Probation for juveniles)
P.S.: Save the Date! For an August 28th- in-person Election Rally to Save Democracy from MAGA extremists.
Sen. Feinstein and Sen. Padilla: we support the Inflation Reduction Act
- Sen. Feinstein: 415-393-0707 (SF) 202-224-3841 (D.C) (email)
- Sen. Padilla: 916-448–2787 (Sacramento) 202-224-3553 (D.C.) (email)
Example call script:
Hi, my name is [name]. I’m a voter and a constituent of Senator [Feinstein/Padilla]. My zip code is [zip code].
I’m calling to ask Senator [Feinstein/Padilla] to pass the Inflation Reduction Act as soon as possible. I’m in favor of closing the corporate tax loophole, investing in cleaner energy and reducing emissions, lowering Medicare drug prices, and keeping lower ACA premiums. Thank you.
Call Senator Dodd in support of priority bills
Sample Call Script:
Hello, my name is [YOUR NAME]. I’m a constituent of Senator Dodd and my zip code is [zip code].
Please vote yes on AB 2530. Striking workers shouldn’t have their access to health care taken away. Please also support AB 937- our state and local agencies should not be acting as immigration enforcement. Finally, please vote yes on AB 503 -children shouldn’t be subject to endless probation. Thank you.
Interested in getting involved in Indivisible Yolo?
- To learn more about joining one of our Indivisible Yolo action teams and to see how you can volunteer to help win elections, fill out this quick interest form so we can connect with you!
- And check out our calendar for upcoming Indivisible Yolo events.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.