Election alert! The Congressional and State Senate primaries are on August 23rd. In preparation for next month’s Democratic primaries, Indivisible groups across Westchester are hosting forums to educate voters about the candidates running for Congress in the newly drawn 16th and 17th districts.
- Click here to register for the forum on Wednesday, August 3rd featuring the candidates running in the 16th district.
- There will be a forum for candidates running in the 17th district – stay tuned for more details!
In the meantime, please mark these important dates on your calendar.
- Register to vote by July 29th.
- Change of addresses must be filed by Aug 3rd.
- Absentee ballot applications are due by Aug 8th.
- Vote early dates are Aug 13th – 21st.
Preserving and expanding reproductive rights became a top priority here in New York after the Supreme Court struck down Roe, as outlined in this New York Times article. As we adjust to a post-Roe reality, there are ways to join the broader fight for reproductive freedom.
- The ACLU’s Abortion Activist Series on how to fight for abortion rights kicks off on July 12th @ 8PM.
- The Beyond Roe workshop on Thursday, July 14 @ 12PM features information and busts myths about abortion care.
- Sign this petition to have the FDA lift unnecessary restrictions on abortion medications.
- Donate to National Network of Abortion Funds.
- Support our local Planned Parenthood affiliate.
- The Digital Defense Fund helps you keep your abortion private and secure.
- Track states’ post-Roe abortion policies here.
The only way to protect reproductive freedoms is to elect pro-choice candidates at the federal and local level. 2,000 postcards from Postcards to Swing States targeting campaigns in seven swing states with key Senate races this year are coming our way.
If you’d like to get started sooner, here are a few organizations you can check with:
Email email@example.com to be added to our list.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.