Tell our Senators: be champions for abortion rights!
Since Roe v. Wade was overturned, with abortion bans going into effect in multiple states, we’re in a crisis. We need our Senators and President Biden to treat this emergency with the urgency it deserves. We do not accept any suggestion that we should wait for the midterms. We are furious. We insist on rights over our own bodies. This needs to be addressed now.
We’re telling our Senators they need to:
- Publicly call for an end to the filibuster so we can actually pass legislation
- Pass the Women’s Health Protection Act to codify abortion rights
- Expand the Supreme Court
- Call on Biden to use executive action to help people access abortion immediately
Sample call scripts are below.
Tell Sen. Feinstein and Sen. Padilla: be champions for abortion rights
Example call script:
Hi, my name is [name]. I’m a voter and a constituent of Senator [Feinstein/Padilla]. My zip code is [zip code].
I’m calling to say that waiting for November to address abortion rights is not an option. I want the Senator to be a champion for abortion rights: [she/he] needs to publicly call for an ending the filibuster, passing the Women’s Health Protection Act, and expanding the Supreme Court. [Feinstein/Padilla] also needs to publicly call on Biden to take executive action to help people access abortion care, including providing abortions on federal land. I expect Sen. [Feinstein/Padilla] to address this at every opportunity and insist on immediate action. Not in November. Now.
If you’re interested in getting involved in Indivisible Yolo:
- To learn more about joining one of our Indivisible Yolo committees and to see where you can volunteer, Sign up to #DoTheWork and fill out this quick interest form so we can connect with you!
- And check out our calendar for upcoming Indivisible Yolo events.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.