The First Primary is One Week Away
The Democratic primaries for Governor, Lt. Governor and State Assembly are one week from today. Early voting is underway and runs through Sunday, June 26th. You must be a registered Democrat in New York to vote in the Democratic primaries. This is the first of two primary dates this summer.
- Click here to find the dates, times and locations for voting early.
- Click here to find your Primary Day voting location.
- If you experience any problems voting, you can call the NYDLC hotline to report issues and receive help. That number is 1-888-3NY-VOTE.
The Congressional and State Senate primaries will be on August 23rd.
- There are currently seven competitive New York House districts that Democrats need to flip and/or defend. Be sure to mark your calendars and make a plan to vote. Visit our website for more information.
Jan 6th Hearings Continue
The special committee hearings into the January 6th attempted coup continue this week. The committee is expected to hold a total of seven hearings during the month of June – three were held earlier this month.
- This hearing will include two top Georgia election officials – Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger and his deputy Gabe Sterling – testifying in front of the Democratic-led committee.
- There is also a hearing on Thursday, June 23rd @ 3 PM.
Grab your pens. We are participating in two postcarding campaigns as we get ready for the midterms.
- Upstate NY: We are writing to voters in US Rep. Claudia Tenney’s upstate district (Tenney has been described as the Marjorie Taylor Greene of NY) reminding them that Democrats deliver for them. Tenney voted against funds for a water infrastructure project for her district, then showed up to take credit for the funds.
- Florida: Writing to Democrats in Broward County, FL reminding them to vote Blue in November.
Email IWpostcarding@gmail.com to join one or both or our ongoing postcarding campaigns. More to come later!
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.