Where is Marco Rubio? Not showing up for Florida seniors. Today marks the 18th hearing of the Special Committee On Aging that Rubio has failed to show up for. Rubio has gone two and a half years without there being any evidence of his attending a hearing for this committee, likely missing well over a dozen important discussions impacting over one in five Florida residents.
“Marco Rubio represents over 4.5 million seniors, more than almost any other Senator, and yet he’s too focused on his own political agenda to bother showing up for work to fight on their behalf. After spending years supporting cuts to Medicare and Social Security, Rubio’s failure to do his job is another shameful attack on Florida seniors,” said Florida Democratic Party spokesperson Grant Fox.
Here are just a few issues the committee investigated that Marco Rubio felt weren’t important enough to show up for:
- Building a stronger retirement system for older Americans
- Protecting seniors from frauds and scams during the COVID pandemic
- Expanding Medicare to cover vision and dental care
- Protecting seniors and at-risk Americans from COVID
- Supporting the workers, families, and caregivers who care for seniors
- Protecting seniors from Social Security impersonation scams
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.