News And Updates
From Hesitancy to Acceptance:
the Covid-19 Vaccine
Join us for a conversation sponsored by:
African American Heritage Association of St. Petersburg,
Allendale United Methodist Church,
Black Health Equality Alliance
Fired Up Pinellas
Foundation for Healthy St Petersburg
Indivisible Safety Harbor/North Pinellas
League of Women Voters
Women Talk Black
January 25, 2021 from 6:30 to 7:30 PM
Zoom Video Call
We are pleased to have a panel of local experts who will answer questions from our community to help educate and address concerns regarding the Covid-19 vaccine.
The panel will be moderated by Gwendolyn Reese, President of the African American Heritage Association of St. Petersburg.
· Dr. Allison Messina and Dr. David Berman, pediatric infectious disease specialists;
· Dr. Linsey Grove, public health practitioner, researcher and consultant; and
· Andrea “Andee” Peaten, community immunization liaison
The audience will have the opportunity to ask questions through the moderator. In addition, questions may be submitted up to 24 hours in advance of the Zoom video call to email email@example.com.
Click here to reserve your spot.
You will receive the link to the Zoom Video Call a day before the event.
Please make a gift in honor of Dr. King
As we celebrate the birthday and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Fired Up Pinellas and Indivisible Fl-13 are sponsoring a fundraiser for our community.
During these difficult times for so many, and in the spirit of honoring Dr. King, we ask for your support to help those in our community who are dealing with food insecurities.
Here are three organizations doing important work to help provide food to those in need:
- The Gathering of Women, Inc
- The GOW Food Pantry provides essential food and hygiene items for seniors in our community.
- Recently profiled in the Tampa Bay Times entitled “500 Seniors are on the Brink of Losing Weekly Groceries.” Read here. To make a donation or to learn more, please click here: http://gowfoodpantry.org .
Gospel Ministries: Love and Action
- Assisting seniors, the homeless, and families, they are looking for items such as nonperishables, meats that can be frozen, Vienna sausages, trail mix and hygiene items.
- They are accepting donations to upgrade storage space, increase refrigerator space, and to provide gas for volunteers (mostly seniors) as they make deliveries.
- This is mostly an outreach ministry and is not a large congregation.
- To learn more about how you can help, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org, or simply call 727-348-0754.
Mercy Keepers Food Pantry
- Mercy Keepers has been providing food services to the Midtown Community of South St Petersburg for 18 years, and is currently serving approximately 1600 people each month.
- For three years has offered a Clothing Pantry as well.
- Operational costs for both pantries are funded exclusively by in-kind donations.
- To learn more or to make a donations, please click here: http://www.mercykeepersinc.com/
In addition, Fired Up Pinellas and Indivisible FL -13 are in the process of planning a panel discussion for February on the issue of food and nutritional insecurities in our community, how these issues are being addressed and what you can do to help.
Please email email@example.com for questions or suggestions.
WEEKLY DEMONSTRATION AT SENATORS MARCO RUBIO AND RICK SCOTT’S TAMPA OFFICE
Demonstrators must wear masks and practice social distancing. Parking meters around the courthouse accept cash or credit cards. FMI on the Tuesday Demonstration and to get on John Stewart’s excellent and informative mailing contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or (727) 894-2832.
Every Tuesday from 10:30-11:30 AM
Sam M. Gibbons U.S. Court House
801 N. Florida Ave. Tampa, FL 33602
Indivisible FL-13 Contact Information:
Indivisible FL-13 is a member of the Indivisible Florida Network and the Pinellas Coalition For Immigration Justice.
- Indivisible FL-13 Facebook Group (lightly moderated)
- Indivisible FL-13 Facebook Page (official communications)
- Indivisible FL-13 on Twitter
Pinellas County Progressive Calendar
Resist Bot, fax your representatives via text message. Text RESIST to 50409
Fax your congressperson for free at FaxZero.com
Get action alerts from Countable.us
Register to vote, vote by mail!
Florida 13 Congressperson Phone Numbers:
Senator Marco Rubio (R): DC (202)224-3041 Local (813)287-5035
Senator Rick Scott (R): DC (202) 224-5274
Representative Charlie Crist (D): DC (202) 225-5961 Local (888)205-5569
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.