In June we marched For Our Fathers, For Our Brothers, For Our Sons. This Sunday, August 9th, we will again join Parents of African American Children in Davis and Women in Leadership Davis to march – this time For Our Mothers, For Our Sisters, For Our Daughters.
We must continue to show up and continue to say that #BlackLivesMatter, until our systems reflect our values.
Details and an invitation from the event organizers below.
See you there!
The Indivisible Yolo Team
We are excited to invite you to participate on Sunday, August 9, 2020 in a March For Our Mothers, For Our Daughters, For Our Sisters, hosted by Women in Leadership Davis (WiLD) and Parents of African American Children Davis (PAACD).
WiLD (Women in Leadership, Davis) focuses on training and raising women into positions of leadership, with emphasis on young and old Black, Brown, and Indigenous women.
• The For Our Mothers, For Our Daughters, For Our Sisters March serves to bring awareness of the systematic racism that has historically plagued the United States. As we recognize the need for equality in our city, state and country, we also celebrate the work being done today to make necessary change a reality. We celebrate and lift up voices of African American women in our Community.
• The timing of this March strategically marks the 55th anniversary of The Voting Rights Act, signed into law on August 6, 1965. “It outlawed the discriminatory practices adopted by many southern states after the Civil War, including literacy tests as a prerequisite to voting” (“Voting Rights Act”).
• As we march on August 9, 2020, let us join in discussion with our family and friends to remind this and the next generation that the end of racism and discrimination needs to begin today. Join us in remembering our black Mothers, Sisters and Daughters who have lost their lives due to police violence and systemic racism. We will also be celebrating our black Mothers, Sisters and Daughters that are actively working on Civil rights today as we remember those that went before them in the struggle.
You can participate in March For Our Mothers, For Our Daughters, For Our Sisters in many ways. Here are some of them:
• Showing up Sunday, August 9 from 9 am to 11:30 am
• Inviting your friends
• Sharing our March Invite via Facebook and email
• Donating to WiLD:
Thank you for your continued support!
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.