After attending in-person sessions and committee hearings, Republican Pennsylvania State Rep. Andrew Lewis (PA-HD105) tested positive for COVID-19. Lewis kept it a secret from Democrats for an ENTIRE WEEK as Republican members self-quarantined, putting hundreds of legislators, staff, and families in grave danger.
PUNISH PA House Republicans for putting our lives at risk.
State Rep. Lewis’s COVID-19 coverup is just one example of how completely unhinged PA House Republicans have been during a pandemic that has killed over 100,000 Americans.
- State Rep. Russ Diamond, who self-quarantined after exposure to Lewis, didn’t inform Democratic colleagues, and bragged about grocery shopping without a mask.
- State Rep. Cris Dush compared Gov. Tom Wolf’s COVID-19 response to Nazi Germany.
- State Rep. Stephanie Borowicz introduced a resolution saying COVID-19 “may be but a punishment inflicted upon us for our presumptuous sins.”
- State Rep. Mike Jones held an in-person gathering for 150 maskless people.
- State Rep. Daryl Metcalfe insisted “all jobs are life-sustaining” and urged counties to defy stay-at-home orders.
Turn PA Blue volunteers have written tens of thousands of postcards, made tens of thousands of calls, and raised over $25,000 for Democratic candidates running to FLIP the PA House. Can you take action today?
Thanks for standing up.
— Turn PA Blue
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.