Please Ask your U.S. Rep to Support the House’s Heroes Act
It is expected that the House will vote on this bill this Friday. Please reach out to your Representative and share these suggested talking points.
- I strongly support this bill. Please vote for it in committees and on the House floor, recognizing that it is omnibus legislation which must be passed by a consensus of House Democrats to give Senate Democrats a strong negotiating position.
- I am particularly appreciative of Section XX which restores Medicaid eligibility to individuals who are residents of freely associated states and hope you will work hard to keep it in the final text. We also support full health care coverage of all COVID-19 patients.
- I strongly support all the provisions which directly assist individuals, especially bonuses and childcare assistance for essential workers. We would like to see an eventual bill of rights for essential workers, including law enforcement, firefighting, public utility workers and teachers in the public sector and protection against mass layoffs in the private sector.
- I strongly support aid provided to state and local governments who pay most essential public employees and are bearing the bulk of the direct cost of fighting the pandemic. We would like more account taken of population in distributing aid to state and local government. This might disadvantage Hawaii but we are looking for fairness.
- We support and appreciate the comprehensive provisions for secure and fair elections with universal by-mail voting.
Thank you for your hard work and the risks you are taking to represent the people and carry on the functions of democratic governance.
District 1 – Representative Ed Case
- Washington, DC phone: (202) 225-2726
- Honolulu phone: (808) 650-6688
- Email via Website: https://case.house.gov/contact/
District 2 – Representative Tulsi Gabbard
- Washington, DC phone: (202) 225-4906
- Honolulu phone: (808) 541-1986
- Email: TulsiOffice@mail.house.gov
- Summary of the Heroes Act (90 pages) https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000172-09a9-dc3e-aff6-0dbd032c0000
- Politico Article – Pelosi Unveils $3 Trillion Coronavirus Relief Plan https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/12/house-democrats-pelosi-new-3-trillion-coronavirus-relief-plan-251407
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.