On this May Day installment of #VoterRegFriday, we want to make sure you’re ready to vote in the June 2nd local elections happening in many cities and counties across the state.
If you plan to vote in-person, be courteous and wear a mask and sanitize your hands before and after voting. Polls are open from 6AM-7PM.
If you wish to vote from the comfort of your home, we’ve attached the Missouri Secretary of State’s Absentee Ballot Request Form for you! The deadline to request a ballot is May 20th. Here’s how it works:
- Print your request form and fill it out completely. Check a reason for requesting a ballot. (If you have not voted in person before, you may be required to include a copy of a form of ID. Check out the bottom of the request form for detailed info.)
- Mail it to your local election authority – find yours here. (Do not mail your form to the Secretary of State’s office).
- Your local election authority will then mail you your official ballot.
- Read the instructions carefully. Mark your ballot and return it ASAP. It must be received by 7PM on Election Day to count.
- Congratulations, you’ve voted!
We won’t sugar coat this. It’s crystal clear that there’s a lot of red tape and unnecessary hurdles to jump through to vote in this state.
And our Republican governor and Republican legislature want to keep it that way.
Don’t let them discourage you.
When we do, we win.
-Missouri Democratic Party
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.