As Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said, “A trial with no evidence is not a trial at all; it’s a cover-up.” That’s exactly what Mitch McConnell is doing right now.
By the end of next week, the Senate will face a crucial vote in the impeachment trial of Donald John Trump: whether to call witnesses and allow new documents to be presented to Senators before a vote to remove the President of the United States.
There has never been an impeachment trial without witnesses. There is no sound reason not to permit new evidence. There has never been any certainty that GOP Senators are planning to truly consider the charges against the President, but if Republicans choose to move ahead without witnesses or documents, then this trial is a complete sham.
We have a crucial role to play to make this cover-up as obvious and painful as possible for Republicans. On Wednesday, January 29th, we will do just that. If you can make it to the Capitol, we will gather in Washington DC to demand that Senators uphold their oath and solemn duty.
In the United States of America, there is one thing we should all be able to agree on: no one is above the law. Not even the President of the United States.
On January 29, swarm the U.S. Capitol to voice your outrage about the GOP cover-up and demand Trump’s conviction and removal from office. The American people need to see all the documentary evidence and hear from all potential witnesses. We will not stand for the GOP’s obstruction of justice.
- 10AM Orientation and training – Capitol Hill location to be announced
- 12PM Mass Meetup, Hart Senate Building Atrium, 120 Constitution Avenue NE Gather in the Hart Atrium for a powerful silent formation.
- Wear t-shirts, buttons, and stickers with strong, clear Remove Trump and No Cover-Up messaging. Many people will wear black.
- 1PM Proceed to Capitol Steps Group gathering Followed by mass nonviolent civil disobedience
- 2PM Onward Swarm the Capitol Visitors Center We will line the hallways outside the Senate gallery and elsewhere with our bodies, our messages, and our call for witnesses, documents, and an end to the GOP cover-up
Not in DC? There is still actions that you can take: KEEP CALLING your Senators.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.