What’s the difference between Poll Worker & Poll Watcher?
Nonpartisan, Paid (Clerks, Judges, Inspectors, Checker, Precinct Worker)
Partisan, Volunteer (Observers, Monitors, Challengers)
To be a poll worker (Inspector, Clerk) You must be registered to vote in California, 18+ years old, a resident of the precinct and must complete required training. Students who are 16+ may work if they are in good standing with a GPA of a 2.5+ $105-$240. To sign up, contact the local board of elections.
HOW POLL WORKERS ARE CHOSEN:
90 days before election, political party county committee may nominate a registered resident of precinct to board.
Contact the local board of elections:
Approx DEADLINE to sign up to be a Poll Worker
August 5, 2020
POLL WATCHER INFO
California’s administrative election code places requirements on county election officials to ensure public access for all kinds of observers to watch the elections. In addition, California provides for formal accreditation, credentialing, and registration of observers.
Who is Authorized to Challenge a Voter’s Eligibility on Election Day?
On the day of the election, no person, other than a member of a precinct board or other official responsible for the conduct of the election, shall challenge or question any voter concerning the voter’s qualifications to vote.
Resources for California:
- Retweetable Tweet with links for California here.
- Shareable FB post & downloadable graphic here.
- GoogleDoc here.
POLL WORKER (and Poll Watcher) Requirements & links to sign-up in All 50 States, STATE BY STATE Including:
- QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- HOW POLL WORKERS ARE CHOSEN
- POLL WATCHER INFO;
- Who is Authorised to Challenge a Voter’s Eligibility on Election Day?
- & Links to retweetable TWEETS & shareable FB Posts for each State
- Twitter THREAD with links here.
- Facebook shareable Album with downloadable graphics here.
- On the Postcards for America website here.
- On the Unhack the Vote Website here.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.