The Nebraska Progressive Legislative Study Group and the Douglas County Democratic Party Women’s Caucus invite all Nebraskans to join them on Sunday, October 6, 2019 from 2-4 PM at Omaha North High School in the Vikings Center.
You will have an opportunity to meet with current state senators and legislative candidates from the Greater Omaha Area. If you have ever wanted to have direct contact with your state senator, this is your opportunity to meet directly and discuss your priorities for our great state.
Both groups are still actively working to confirm additional state senators and legislative candidates, but the following people will definitely be there.
- Senator Carol Blood, LD 3 (Elected in 2016, running for reelection.)
- Senator Machaela Cavanaugh, LD 6 (Elected in 2018.)
- Senator Tony Vargas, LD 7 (Elected in 2016, running for reelection.)
- Senator Wendy DeBoer, LD 10 (Elected in 2018.)
- Senator Justin Wayne, LD 13 (Elected in 2016, running for reelection.)
- Marque Snow LD 9
- Mark Vondrasek LD 9
- Terrell McKinney LD 11
- Tim Royers LD 31
- Jen Day LD 49
State Senators are limited to two elected terms to the NE Legislature. All candidates and elected senators run as non-partisan candidates. Nebraska has the only non-partisan legislature and the only unicameral in the United States.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.