Oct 1, 7 pm, Doors open 6:30 pm. Political forum Jefferson Parish Council District 3, Hosted by Jeremiah Group. Details here.
Oct 1, 7 pm, Doors open 6:30 pm. Gambit’s Political forum with Political columnists Clancy Dubos from Gambit and Stephanie Grace from The Times-Picayune. Details here.
ASK YOUR SENATOR / REPRESENTATIVE :
- if they have read the call transcript issued by the White House between Trump and the Ukraine president where Trump said, “I would like you to do us a favor, though.”
- If they believe it is appropriate for the president to threaten whistleblowers, members of Congress, and the American people with Civil War as he did over the weekend via Twitter.
TELL CONGRESS YOU SUPPORT IMPEACHMENT AND THE RULE OF LAW BECAUSE:
- Elected officials asking foreign governments for investigations of American citizens to help their reelection campaigns while withholding taxpayer funded to that country is a gross ABUSE OF POWER and undermines our NATIONAL SECURITY.
- The Constitution requires the president to “take care that the laws be faithfully executed.” The laws include the Whistleblower Act! And Articles of impeachment against Andrew Johnson, Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton all mentioned the Take Care Clause.
- The president threatening whistleblower, members of Congress, and a civil war is a BETRAYAL of his oath of office.
TELL CONGRESS TO STOP THE DEFLECTION AND FOCUS ON TRUTH, THE CONSTITUTION, AND THE RULE OF LAW:
- STOP saying the whistleblower’s complaint is all secondhand information. The complaint is confirmed by the call transcript and Trump’s own public statements.
- DEFEND the Constitution and acknowledge that bribery is covered under impeachment. As a Member of Congress, why would you not want to get to the truth in order to defend the Constitution?
- PROTECT those involved in the Whistleblower’s complaint. The President threatened “Big Consequences” to those involved in the Whistleblower complaint, although they followed the law.
- STOP saying Democrats cannot get over the 2016 election. This is about the president inviting interference in the 2020 election, ignoring the Constitution and US laws, and abusing the power of his office.
- CONDEMN the president’s behavior and inciting violence against the Whistleblower, Members of Congress, and the American people. Do you support the Constitution and the Rule of Law or do you support breaking the law and violence?
Sen. Bill Cassidy – DC OFFICE: (202) 224-5824 and METAIRIE OFFICE: (504) 838-0130
Sen. John Kennedy: DC OFFICE: (202) 224-4623 and NEW ORLEANS OFFICE (504) 581-6190
Rep. Scalise: (202) 225-3015; Rep. Richmond: (202) 225-6636
Rep. Graves: (202) 225-3901
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.