THIS IS THE RED LINE. WE NEED EVERYONE TO CALL!
- Sen. Bill Cassidy – DC OFFICE: (202) 224-5824 and METAIRIE OFFICE: (504) 838-0130
- Sen. John Kennedy: DC OFFICE: (202) 224-4623 and NEW ORLEANS OFFICE (504) 581-6190
- Rep. Scalise: (202) 225-3015; Rep. Richmond: (202) 225-6636
- Rep. Graves: (202) 225-3901
On Sunday, President Trump admitted to talking to Ukraine’s President about VP Biden and Giuliani admitted that he was trying to get information from the Ukraine to use against Biden in the election. Trump is now using the “so what” defense.
At least one Republican, Mitt Romney, is saying it is critical for the facts to come out about whether “the President asked or pressured Ukraine’s president to investigate his political rival, either directly or through his personal attorney, it would be troubling in the extreme.”
Walter Shaub, former Director of the Office for Government Ethics provided the talking points in the script.
Hello, this is ______ from zipcode_______:
● America is a republic because we have elections.
● No matter what your idea of “America” is, we depend on fair elections.
● When our elections are attacked, America is attacked.
● This type of attack means overthrowing America in order to replace it with something else.
● This is a red line.
Please tell Senator/Congressman _________ if he defends the attack on our elections, he betrays the oath he swore to support the Constitution and defend it against enemies foreign and domestic. There is no bigger betrayal as a public servant.
Senator/Congressman __________ has a choice between standing up for America or for Trump. As a constituent, I demand he chooses America.
I want him to demand the full whistleblower complaint as required by law to be supplied to Congress, the call transcript, and other evidence needed to determine whether the President sought an electoral advantage when he asked the Ukraine to target his rival.