Recording Available Now
Whether it presents as anti-vaccine, anti-mask, anti-CRT (Critical Race Theory), anti-DEI (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion), or anti-SEL (Social Emotional Learning), it is all part of the same attack, fueled by likes of the Mercers. Described as “grassroots,” these POLITICAL groups such as “Moms for Liberty” and “Save Our Schools” are funded, well-organized operations, and they are here in Westchester.
Listen to a recording of our school board event here. Check out our resource guide below.
Westchester Coalition for Truth in History and Science Based Facts
- Teach the Truth – Westchester County grassroots organization dedicated to supporting schools and teachers in creating an environment that accurately recounts our nation’s history and affirms the diversity of students so that they can excel.
- Freedom to Learn: Demanding Accurate, Honest and Fully Funded Public Education
Running for School Board
Panelist Bios (click here for full bios)
- Adam Laats – Professor of Education and History at SUNY Binghamton whose research focuses on conservative activism and culture conflicts in education. @AdamLaats
- Judd Legum – Founder and publisher of Popular Information, a newsletter that is exemplary for its investigative reporting, particularly in the area of dark money. @JuddLegum
- Juontel White – Social Impact Strategist who supports and designs programs, policy and advocacy initiatives for racial equity.
- Rebecca Jacobsen – Professor of Education Policy at Michigan State University whose research focuses on public opinion and education policy. @Rebec_Jacobsen
Books, Articles and Blogs
- Sign up for Popular Information from Judd Legum; click here for articles on CRT.
- Sign up for updates from Juontel White
- Books by Rebecca Jacobsen:
- Articles and Books by Adam Laats:
Right Wing Groups Organizing in Westchester County
- Moms for Liberty – A national “nonprofit” claiming to advocate for “parental rights” by using parents as pawns to advance a far-right agenda. The organization is aggressively forming chapters locally.
- Save Our Schools – A locally based “grassroots” organization that is taking credit for the ouster of several Hudson Valley school superintendents over Critical Race Theory, which isn’t taught in schools.
- Reclaim New York – This Mercer funded, Steve Bannon linked organization is holding seminars on running for school board and is pushing to make school board elections “partisan” as a way for the “GOP to thrive and recruit new members.”
We’re taking a holiday hiatus. The IW newsletter returns in 2022.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.